Saturday, September 18, 2010

Road trip to SIBU!

 

YEAH! Finally get the chance to go “back” to Sibu during the National day holiday!

I’m foochow, my birthplace should be Sibu but born here in Kuching. Though I’m a foochow, I don’t speak good foochow anymore since my grandma’s passed away more than decade ago.

Not going back to Sibu for Ching Ming this year, reason, Good Friday.

Total up to 5+ hours roadtrip.

 

On the way to Serian, another small town.

DSC06404

 

Love the sky & mountain. If only this is Swiss! LOL.

DSC06405

 

Farmers burned the bushes for another plantation.

DSC06407

DSC06413

 

It’s getting dark, late noon.

DSC06433

 

 

Our dinner for the night, Philipines pork leg!

My MUST have when I get back to Sibu (:

Long & tired journey. Li Tang (Cousin in law) shared about her life here in Sibu (She’s from China, super nice lady! & pretty) & I was pretty asleep that time, LOL!

DSC06436

 

Woke up early the next day for Kampua! & walk around the small town.

 

The market place.

DSC06438

 

At the jetty.

DSC06439 DSC06440

 

My so-called “teh-c-peng”.

DSC06442

 

 

New jetty

DSC06443

 

Next to it, Old jetty.

Here you can spot the cement platform. Shaky.

DSC06447

 

Even after dinner that night, we went for supper. SUPER FRESH OYSTER from the same restaurant we went to the night before!

OMG!!! I will NEVER craved for hotel oyster buffet anymore (:

DSC06450

 

Staying at his cousin’s place for 2 nights.

Bought lots of kompia back!

Even bought nice nice cheongsam clothes from there (:

Have fun in Sibu!

 

Headed back to Kuching on Monday, a day before National Day holiday.

DSC06463

 

 DSC06469

 

DSC06481

 

DSC06485

PARDON ME for all those road shooting. I feel much relax when looking at those GREEN!

No comments: