Sunday, April 08, 2012

Let's go travel!

Everyone loves travelling,
and I love it hell lots & wishing for more!
anyone who is extraordinary here?


Like I promised,
I would like to share my travel experience,
for the first time, here in my blog.


My first thought travelling is like this:
Opt for business class seats in plane,
dine in expensive restaurants,
splurge on shopping & even over-priced hotel rooms,
get a taxi or limo to go around the city, etc.


Or even just buy a tour package and forget about everything!


This also means, no strict budget at all,
and go back to own country, go broke for a few months.



Well, like every girls out here,
I love to spent unnecessarily.
And I don't even care budget anything at all.
Usually until middle of the month,
I will be hiding at a corner,
wishing no one will notice me,
just because I'm way too broke for anything.


BUT working holiday scheme (WHS) that I took
brought me to a foreign country & changed me completely.


Now, I prefer doing backpacking travel.

Backpacking travel means,
low cost & independent travel.
Luggages replaced by backpack.
Hotels replaced by inexpensive lodging/hostels.
Taxi or limo replaced by bus, carpool, walk or hitch hitched!


Backpacking is the sense of authenticity.
It's more than a vacation because
you'll get to learn & know lots of stuff you never had know,
to cut it short, its like an education.


What I learnt from backpacking,
I experienced the "real life" & more involvement with the locals,
rather than just the mass tourism in the country.


To be honest, I never ever thought of doing it.
Just imagined, when I reached Auckland on the 22nd April 2011
with hell lots of luggages.
In the end, my hubby and I went backpacking with only our backpacks,
send everything back to our country through sea freight which is costly.


Enough said,
here my stories go.


Waking up with the sunrise, we're almost landed.




Now, you can see what we brought along,
two trolleys of bags & luggages! OMG!!
Everytime, I look back at these pictures, I felt so stupid.
It's not like we're moving to somewhere where is no
food/water/electricity supply!






We got a shuttle to the homestay which we had contacted the owners earlier.
SuperShuttle is expensive, two person cost $37 equivalent to RM92++
And, I think the journey is less than an hour from airport to the landlord's place.




























Our first homestay in New Zealand.
Cosy & clean, I fall in love with this house in instant!
$80/per week for 2 pax! The cheapest homestay we can find in Auckland!
Because the owner is one of our friend's mate during Uni years.
So yeah, we are settled there for a week!

















Here, our room's wardrobe.


























Our room workdesk.



























The bathroom with shower & tub, which we seldom get to see that in Malaysia!
















The Kitchen.
We seldom do cooking here.
Just because Asian love to fried foods so there is a small outdoor kitchen shed.
So no "oily" air in the house!
















The dining area overlooking the backyard.


















And the owner of the house is a happily married couples with a kid.
They migrated here from China since their early Uni years.
And they owned family business there.
How nice they settled down here :)

No comments: